Our new Precision Series gear rack has the same 20 pitch, 20-degree pressure angle as our standard gear rack, but it has been improved in many ways:
- The rack face is now 3/4in instead of the standard 1/2in. This not only makes the gear racks much more rigid than a standard gear rack but also allows more of the pinion teeth to engage with the gear rack, resulting in a higher load capacity and longer gear life.
- The rack now goes through a quenching and tempering to increase it’s surface hardness significantly. This is important because not only does it reduce tooth wear but the drive can handle twice the tangential force than our standard gear racks, allowing you to take a much heavy cut.
Able to drive heavy load capacities with high duty cycles while maintaining precise positioning and repeatability, these gear racks are perfect for a range of applications including:
- CNC Routers
- Traveling gantries and columns
- Pick and place robots
- Material Handling Systems.
This rack is compatible with our Rack and Pinion system. The rack is CNC drilled and counterbored to accept M8-1.25 x 20mm OR 5/16-18 × 1” Socket Head Cap Screws. Perfect for a new kit or a conversion for an existing machine.
Currently, we only have 1 length of gear rack available:
- 54in (perfect for a 4′ axis)
Additional lengths should be available shortly. The gear racks have precision machined ends which allows them to be mated together to form unlimited lengths.