Note: We are standardizing our rack sizing to 60in pieces and all 60in pieces are Made In The USA with US Steel.
Able to drive heavy load capacities with high duty cycles while maintaining precise positioning and repeatability, these gear racks are perfect for a range of applications including:
- CNC Routers
- Traveling gantries and columns
- Pick and place robots
- Material Handling Systems.
Our Precision Series gear rack has the same 20 pitch, 20-degree pressure angle as a standard 1/2in x 1/2in sized gear rack, but it has been improved in many ways:
- The rack is CNC drilled and counterbored to accept M8-1.25 x 20mm OR 5/16-18 × 1” Socket Head Cap Screws. No middle fiddling around with clamps to hold the rack. Easily use for a new kit or a conversion for an existing machine.
- The rack face is now 3/4in instead of the standard 1/2in. This not only makes the gear racks much more rigid than a standard gear rack but also allows more of the pinion teeth to engage with the gear rack, resulting in a higher load capacity and longer gear life.
- The gear racks have precision machined ends which allows them to be mated together to form unlimited lengths. They can also be cut.
- The rack goes through a quenching and tempering process to increase its surface hardness significantly. This is important because not only does it reduce tooth wear but the drive can handle twice the tangential force than our standard gear racks, allowing you to take a much heavy cut.
This rack is compatible with our Rack and Pinion system.