- The pivot interface has 3 bearings instead of a bushing. These bearings plus a lockdown collar system eliminate plate wiggle and keep the pinion riding straight and true on the rack.
- The universal mounting plate can accept either NEMA 23 or NEMA 34 motors. To convert between size you only need to change the pulley, belt, and drive spindle.
- The pinion drive gear now uses a ball bearing on the timing gear portion where the belt attaches and a dry run sleeve bearing where the pinion rides on the gear rack. The gear rides on a precision ground stainless steel shaft for smooth motion.
- A belt tensioning cam allows you to adjust the belt tension without disassembling anything.
- A high resolution 3:1 belt drive reduction for both NEMA 23 and NEMA 34 motors.
- Simple spring tension adjustment for gear pre-loading to rack.
What’s in the package
- The motor is not included. Use at least a 380 oz-in NEMA 23 motor or 500 oz-in NEMA 34 Motor for better machine performance.
- The drives mate with our drilled and counterbored gear rack which is available in several sizes. These gear racks are 3/4in thick by 1.25in wide (2.5 times the size of normal gear racks!) and feature drilled mating holes every 4 inches. This configuration gives you much greater stiffness, which leads to longer gear life.
- This drive is the same drive we use in our Saturn 3 machines. The mounting hole pattern is (2) 3/8-16 tapped holes spaced 6in apart. If you need these to fit onto your machine, give us a call and we can work with you to make sure they are the perfect fit.
- coming soon