The base kit comes in the following subsystems:
- Table Assembly (FLA110-00)
- Gantry Assembly (FLA120-00)
- Z-Axis Gantry Assembly (FLA130-00)
- Z-Axis Assembly (FLA140-00)
The kit includes:
- Aluminum Extrusion, drilled and tapped for easy assembly
- Pre-Drilled cold rolled steel rails for X, Y, and Z
- Linear Motion Components
- Drive components (screws, bearing blocks, couplers, etc.)
- All required fasteners
The base kits come with all of the pieces that you need for the mechanical assembly. Once you are done with the assembly you will just need to hook your electronics to it and off you go. We even provide mounting screws for the electronics.
What’s Not Included
- Electronics options – This includes motors, cables, drives, power supply, limit switches, relays, etc. Check out our NEMA 23 or NEMA 34 electronics kits for some great options that have been tested and optimized to work with this machine.
- Cutting spindle or router, and corresponding spindle or router mount.
- Spoilboard or other workholding
- Mach3 CNC Control Software, CAM Software, or CAD software
- Cable management.
- Dust collection.
- Workbench to mount the machine on
Fine Line Automation has a new set of plans for our 2’x3′ machine (FLA100). The actual working area is 23.75″ x 35.75″. The plans below are for the NEMA 23 version of the kit. If you want to build the NEMA 34 version of the kit, all of the aspects of the design are the same except for the motor shaft couplers and the motor mount plate.
NEW 2013-Q2 PLANS – We have redone the plans for the FLA100. The latest plans are now available in EASM format, pdf, and Solidworks 2012. If you do not have Solidworks, we suggest viewing the files in the EASM by downloading the free eDrawings viewer. If you have any questions or issues with the plans, please
- 2×3 (FLA100) Machine Plans Rev 2013 Q2
- PDF, Overall Machine Assembly FLA100-00
- PDF, Table Assembly FLA110-00
- PDF, Gantry Assembly FLA120-00
- PDF, Z-Axis Gantry Assembly CRP130-00
- PDF, Z Axis Assembly CRP140-00
- Solidworks 2×3 Machine Plans Rev 2012 Q2
We are working to get assembly videos for the complete kit up here on the site. Right now, we only have portions of the kit. Keep checking back as new videos will be posted shortly.