The Fine Line Automation Saturn series CNC Routers are the most advanced CNC router in their class today. CNC router technology has advanced tremendously in the last decade and we have taken full advantage of it with our new Saturn Series routers to bring you awesome machines at the right price that can make all the parts you can dream of.
Why Buy a Saturn Series CNC Router?
The Saturn CNC Routers have been developed with 2 criteria in mind: Industrial Strength and Ease Of Use. What that means is:
- The system wasn’t designed to be a toy. It’s an industrial machine that you can run 24/7 in a business setting if you require.
- We believe you should be able to walk up to the machine, turn it on and make parts right away at any time; without squaring or alignment. On the first day, right after you take it out the crate. No assembly required.
- Our machines come fully assembled, tested, and cut tested.
- We believe in quality components. Bolt together extruded aluminum frames, Leadscrews, and V-Groove linear motion systems are cheap but entry grade. With a fully welded steel tube frame, ballscrews, and 25mm profile linear motion rails, we have the best components in our class.
- Designed and Assembled in the United States. Which means peace of mind knowing that technical support is available at hours that suite you and extra spare parts (each machine already includes a set of the consumable spare parts!) are readily available next day.
The problem with starter machines and kits is the time you spend building, aligning, and tweaking it to decent performance. The can handle the small stuff but the moment you want any performance out of the machine they just flat out can’t do it. Do it right and skip the starter phase by buying a quality machine first.
Machine Frame and Gantry
The Saturn Series routers have frames that are one piece steel construction. This is a significant step up from a bolt together frame. The Saturn Series CNC routers are constructed using welded steel tubing and plates with a wall thickness of 4mm! We don’t use any extruded aluminum or angle iron in the machine frame. Because our frames are fully welded, they are much stronger and more rigid than a comparable bolt together frame while requiring no assembly. If you look at machines costing $10,000 or more, this type of assembly is standard for a reason; it’s the best type of frame available. Period. Don’t settle for an inferior frame.
The frame on the machine can tackle any project you can throw at it. We take quality seriously, which is why every frame is:
- Built with an accuracy of 0.1mm. If the frame isn’t fixtured properly, you will have issues with the linear rails not being straight and parallel, which ultimately leads to binding, unreliable machine performance and headaches from you. We do it right with the proper fixturing to ensure that each frame is straight and everything is within tolerance.
- The frame is stress relieved to ensure it’s square when it comes out of the fixture.
- All of the holes and plates on the frame are CNC milled to assure that each rail is within tolerance of each other to provide even more quality not commonly found on equally priced equipment
These factors give you the most rigid and accurate assembly in the machine class. We also precision mill the components to assure there are no tolerance issues or accuracy problems when the machine reaches you! Don’t settle for a CNC router machine that is simply bolted together or picked off a shelf and pieced together. These frames are engineered to be second to no other design.
The Saturn and Saturn PRS CNC Routers all feature 3060 Extrusion gantry construction. We don’t just throw a lightweight piece on the industrial frame and call it done. We pair the gantry with precision milled interface plates to give you the most rigid mounting points available. This allows you to push our machines harder and faster under load with less deflection and chattering.
Motion Components (Rack and Pinion Drives, Linear Guides, and Ballscrews)
The Saturn Series router utilizes the best linear motion and power transfer components around:
- We use top rated 25MM linear guide rails on EVERY axis of EVERY machine.
- Every linear carriage comes standard with quad roller sets internally and triple wipers to keep the dust away from the ball bearings.
- The triple wiper technology of the linear carriages we use provides a self-cleaning system. Never again worry about wiping down the rails or watching for dust build up on the rails!
- We use 2 linear carriages on the X-Axis rails to assure the cut forces are equally distributed over the rail to reduce the amount of wear and noise.
- Once again don’t be fooled by lower priced components (Precision Rollers, V-Guide Rollers, Precision Slides, or 15-20MM Linear Guide ways). They deflect more under load, have constant adjustment issue, and just don’t hold up to the constant stress of a production environment. You want your machine to last, so why not go with the best parts you can buy.
Our machines are driven by high-quality Rack and Pinion Drives (X and Y axes) and precision ground ballscrews (Z-Axis):
- Our best in class Rack And Pinion drives feature:
- The pivot point utilizes several bearings for frictionless pivoting without wiggle. A needle thrust bearing keeps the drive plate snug against the mounting plate while 3 high-load sealed ball bearings keep the whole plate from wiggling on the shaft, which results in excessive wear on the pinion.
- The pinion gear is an integrated pinion and timing pulley. Inside the pinion is a dry-run sleeve bearing which rides on a stainless steel precision machined shaft. It is heat treated by quenching and tempering, which hardens the surface and prevents wear. The gear rack is heat treated too, giving you a matched set that will wear evenly. This is the only router in our price range to offer this heat treatment on gears, which is normally reserved for machines costing $20,000+.
- All black anodized parts and stainless steel hardware.
- A 3:1 Timing belt reduction. This reduction gives the rack and pinion drive better accuracy and protects the motor from unnecessary wear.
- A unique CAM tensioning system to apply and keep tension on the timing belt.
- An easily adjustable spring tensioning system to always keep the pinion engaged with the rack.
- Our Ball Screws:
- Are precision ground and come with matching recirculating ball nuts.
- Ride on precision bearing blocks and are secured in place with needle thrust washer sets which eliminate backlash.
- The 1/2″ ballscrew can drive even the heaviest spindle with ease.
Other Fine Line Automation Benefits
The Saturn Series CNC routers are designed to drop into your building and go to work. We build your CNC router machine for YOU! We spend a good bit of time and effort into verifying each mounting bracket and spindle plate is precision machined to exacting specs. This increases the overall cutting accuracy of the machine and assures you won’t have any binding or excessive wear.
Don’t be fooled by companies not putting quality into their systems and charging you the same price or more. We stress relieve the steel frame to verify the machine is straight and aligned, which ultimately gives you more precision in your cuts. The Saturn series routers are designed to be easy to use and trouble-free. You want to build cool stuff, not constantly fiddle with your tools. One of our general operating principles is: “Quality is not an afterthought! It should be baked into every single item we make.” Boy did we bake in the quality to this machine.
If you do ever need help, we offer FREE lifetime technical support and assistance. We are confident our machines will last a lifetime. And we believe a manufacturer should back a product for its life. Period. No exceptions.
Don’t be fooled by the other systems on the market. We are so confident you will fall in love with our Saturn series CNC Routers that we invite you to our facility to view the CNC at work. With prices starting at $4,000 you cannot afford to not check us out!
Don’t get a machine that you’re going to outgrow in 8 months. Buy the right machine now and save yourself the headache of shopping again and contact us today to get a quote or more information!
There are no reviews yet.